COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update
New Street Dental Care is Safely Re-open Again!
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your continued support and understanding.
We currently have a closed-door policy whereby patients can be seen by appointment only.
We are delighted and proud to announce that we have installed Air Purification Systems in the form of Radic8 Viruskiller. You may notice the additional technology above your head in your dental chair with the name “Viruskiller” on it! It does exactly that and purifies the room continuously to help stop the spread of viruses as well as removing chemicals in the air and helps eradicate triggers for hay fever! The patented, core technology reduces airborne and droplet virus exposure and has been tested against Coronavirus DF2, Adenovirus, Influenza Virus and Poliovirus with a 99.99999% kill rate. We also have a unit in the reception area too, just look for the blue light! We have invested in sneeze screens, high tech Swiss air filtration systems throughout the practice, air monitoring equipment and foggers to make the whole environment safer and healthier for all our staff, our patients, as well as enhanced Covid-19 protection for our clinicians, nurses and receptionists in line with current recommendations and evidence for our clinical procedures; this is to keep you and us safe.
We will also be following an updated attendance policy in line with legislation and guidance to maintain social distancing and in cases where this would be impossible. We will be in touch with patients who have experienced a dental problem during lock down who are on our priority list, however, if you feel that you require urgent dental treatment, please do contact us in the first instance.
If we feel that you are at risk of having possibly been infected with COVID-19, even if you are asymptomatic, we will respectfully request you to delay booking any appointments with us for at least one month. In addition, we are now providing an ‘Antibody Covid-19 Test’ as an additional service. This would be performed from you car in our car park if you think you are infected. Please contact us for further information.
A few things have changed for your future dental appointments and we would like to explain them to you below:
- Before attending, a dentist or a member of our team would have had a telephone consultation with you, where possible, to assess your problem in order to plan your treatment before you attend.
- We will send you all the forms remotely via our portal, so please fill these out and send them back before your appointment. Please call us if you need assistance with these.
- Whatever mode of transport that you decide to arrive by, please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment and call us on 01264 301301 to let us know you are outside and remain where you are.
- Please leave all unnecessary and valuable belongings in your car or at home, you can take only your mobile phone, payment method and essential items such as medication in with you to reduce possible contamination, additional items cannot be taken into the surgery.
- Please attend your appointment on your own unless you need a chaperon and leave anyone else in the car or outside.
- At the appropriate time, you will be asked to go to the front door and wait for a member of our team to open the door, as there will not be a need for you to touch the door. All our team members will be wearing different degrees of PPE so don’t be alarmed if they look a bit different to normal.
- Please try not to touch anything!
- Once inside please stand on the marked area and a member of our team will check your temperature. If your temperature is above 37.8°C, you will be unable to enter the practice and will be asked to return home and self-isolate as per current government guidelines.
- You will be given an application of hand gel to sanitise your hands.
- You will then be accompanied to the surgery where you will be welcomed by your dentist and nurse, (they will be wearing additional face and body coverings to ensure your safety, please feel reassured they are the same friendly bunch, happy to see you!) We apologise in advance for the necessary reduction in social interaction that this will necessitate
- Please do take a seat and then when you are happy to proceed, a mouth rinse will be offered to you.
- You will then be given glasses to protect your eyes and a paper bib applied as usual.
- Your dentist will then explain everything to you during your treatment.
- Once your treatment is completed, you can pay at reception as normal, please just keep two meters away from the reception desk and step forward only to pay, the key pad for card payments will have a protective cover and if you bring cash, please put it in a wipeable bag.
- Step back again and then you will be asked to rebook for your next appointment (if you are shielded or a vulnerable patient, we will call you to rebook your next appointment).
- You will then be accompanied by a member of the team who will open all the doors for you to exit.
Please try and use the toilet at home before your appointment and refrain from using the toilet at the practice if at all possible. We do understand however, in the case of an emergency this is not always possible.
All steps will be confirmed via text, email and explained on the telephone as well as explained to you on arrival to make sure you understand what is required.
Do let us know if you are concerned or if you are confused with our new system. We ask for you to please be patient with our team throughout these challenging times and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your continued support and understanding.
Please remember, If you are an existing or new patient and require an appointment or simply need help or advice, please contact the practice on 01264301301.
from Julian and all of your dental team at New Street Dental Care
We are here to cater to all of your dental needs, no matter your age! We want you to have the best dental experience possible and we are here to give that to you.
We understand choosing a dental team is an intensely personal and important part of modern life for you. Our family run practice with a team of exceptional staff will take care of your dentistry, by working with you in understanding how to look after your teeth and being able to offer the right advice and guidance to ensure your teeth are given the best protection possible.
For exceptional service and dentistry to make you smile, we pride ourselves on being different and caring! At New Street Dental Care, we can provide you with routine preventative dental care as well as cosmetic treatments to enhance your teeth or add some gleam to your smile. Just ask us as we want to help you with any questions or concerns you may have. We promise you there is no need to feel embarrassed and we will never make you feel uncomfortable.
Come in and give us a try!
Over 1000 people from Andover and further afield trust us, why not trust us too?
We will keep you smiling, even if you are nervous
- Later opening hours
- Appointments on Saturday mornings
- 24 hour emergency service
- Free car park
- Free wifi
- We are especially keen to encourage visits from nervous patients who are reluctant to see a dentist or hygienist and we can offer helpful relaxation hints and options to overcome any anxiety.
Enhanced Covid Protection Fee
Prior to the pandemic, we were able to include the cost of the PPE into the treatment fees. However, there is a higher demand now and the need for enhanced Covid protection and due to this our suppliers have increased their prices to almost 1000% for certain items such as masks and gloves. Many dental practices are still unable to open because they have not been able to get this additional PPE. Luckily, we sourced our additional PPE when prices were going up and we did not have to pay the current prices and so we are charging £7.50 in addition to the treatment to cover the extra PPE and cost. We are hoping our stock will survive and that we do not have to buy more at inflated prices and should the need for the extra PPE no longer be essential, then we can easily remove this extra cost. We have also invested in sneeze screens and high tech air filtration systems and sensitive monitoring equipment, which is not included in the PPE fees. We hope you will understand that we need all this to make sure you and our staff are safe, and we do not add to the spreading of this horrible virus.
- All on Four Implants
- Children′s Dentistry
- Consultation and Dental Health Check-up
- Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Hygiene and Gum (Periodontal) Treatment
- Anti Snoring Devices
- Air Flow
- Fresh Breath Treatment
- Invisible Teeth Aligners
- Inman Aligners
- Nervous Patients
- Orthodontics / Teeth Straightening
- Root Canal Treatment
- Extractions and Wisdom Teeth
- Sports Mouth Guards
- Teeth in A Day
- Teeth Grinding Guards and Splints
- Venners and Smile makeovers
- White Dental Fillings
- Home Bleaching
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Devices For Sleep Apnoea
- Emergency Dental Care