We’re Still Open!
COVID-19 – Lockdown 3 Update
New Street Dental Care will remain open in the forthcoming lockdown to provide an essential health service as per the Government’s announcement. We will continue to run a closed door policy whereby patients can be seen by appointment only, please call reception on 01264301301 when you arrive for your appointment.
Routine dental treatment is still classed as essential treatment and traveling for any medical appointment is advised by the Government. Your oral health is important and screening for oral disease including mouth cancer is essential, routine care will continue including examination, hygiene and treatment appointments.
During the first lockdown, we as a profession spent months getting our practice COVID safe:
Face fit testing on FFP2/3 masks, enhanced PPE, sneeze screens, high-tech air filtration systems, sensitive air monitoring equipment and clinical safety protocols implemented and followed.
This has enabled us to create a safe and secure environment for you and us in which we can continue to provide dental health care for you in this third lockdown.
We realise some patients may consider themselves clinically vulnerable or clinically extremely vulnerable* and wish to postpone their care which we fully understand. Please contact reception on 01264301301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reschedule appointments.
We appreciate there will be some cancellations, so if you are awaiting treatment and are available at short notice, please let reception know about your availability.
*People with the following conditions are automatically deemed clinically extremely vulnerable:
Solid organ transplant recipients
People with specific cancers:
People with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy
People with lung cancer who are undergoing radical radiotherapy
People with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
People having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
People having other targeted cancer treatments that can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
People who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
People with rare diseases that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID), homozygous sickle cell disease)
People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection
Problems with your spleen, for example splenectomy (having your spleen removed)
Adults with Down’s syndrome
Adults on dialysis or with chronic kidney disease (stage 5)
Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired
Other people who have also been classed as clinically extremely vulnerable, based on clinical judgement and an assessment of their needs. GPs and hospital clinicians have been provided with guidance to support these decisions
If we feel that you are at risk of having possibly been infected with COVID-19, even if you are asymptomatic, we will respectfully request you to delay booking any appointments with us for at least two weeks.
A few things have changed for your future dental appointments and we would like to explain them to you below:
- Before attending, a dentist or a member of our team would have had a telephone consultation with you, where possible, to assess your problem in order to plan your treatment before you attend.
- We will send you all the forms remotely via our portal, so please fill these out and send them back before your appointment. Please call us if you need assistance with these.
- Whatever mode of transport that you decide to arrive by, please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment and call us on 01264 301301 to let us know you are outside and remain where you are.
- Please leave all unnecessary and valuable belongings in your car or at home, you can take only your mobile phone, payment method and essential items such as medication in with you to reduce possible contamination, additional items cannot be taken into the surgery.
- Please attend your appointment on your own unless you need a chaperon and leave anyone else in the car or outside.
- At the appropriate time, you will be asked to go to the front door and wait for a member of our team to open the door, as there will not be a need for you to touch the door. All our team members will be wearing different degrees of PPE so don’t be alarmed if they look a bit different to normal.
- Please try not to touch anything!
- Once inside please stand on the marked area and a member of our team will check your temperature. If your temperature is above 37.8°C, you will be unable to enter the practice and will be asked to return home and self-isolate as per current government guidelines.
- You will be given an application of hand gel to sanitise your hands.
- You will then be accompanied to the surgery where you will be welcomed by your dentist and nurse, (they will be wearing additional face and body coverings to ensure your safety, please feel reassured they are the same friendly bunch, happy to see you!) We apologise in advance for the necessary reduction in social interaction that this will necessitate
- Please do take a seat and then when you are happy to proceed, a mouth rinse will be offered to you.
- You will then be given glasses to protect your eyes and a paper bib applied as usual.
- Your dentist will then explain everything to you during your treatment.
- Once your treatment is completed, you can pay at reception as normal, please just keep two meters away from the reception desk and step forward only to pay, the key pad for card payments will have a protective cover and if you bring cash, please put it in a wipeable bag.
- Step back again and then you will be asked to rebook for your next appointment (if you are shielded or a vulnerable patient, we will call you to rebook your next appointment).
- You will then be accompanied by a member of the team who will open all the doors for you to exit.
Please try and use the toilet at home before your appointment and refrain from using the toilet at the practice if at all possible. We do understand however, in the case of an emergency this is not always possible.
All steps will be confirmed via text, email and explained on the telephone as well as explained to you on arrival to make sure you understand what is required.
Do let us know if you are concerned or if you are confused with our new system. We ask for you to please be patient with our team throughout these challenging times and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your continued support and understanding.
Please remember, If you are an existing or new patient and require an appointment or simply need help or advice, please contact the practice on 01264301301.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding in these difficult times and we look forward to seeing you through our PPE!
Julian and the team.
We are here to cater to all of your dental needs, no matter your age! We want you to have the best dental experience possible and we are here to give that to you.
We understand choosing a dental team is an intensely personal and important part of modern life for you. Our family run practice with a team of exceptional staff will take care of your dentistry, by working with you in understanding how to look after your teeth and being able to offer the right advice and guidance to ensure your teeth are given the best protection possible.
For exceptional service and dentistry to make you smile, we pride ourselves on being different and caring! At New Street Dental Care, we can provide you with routine preventative dental care as well as cosmetic treatments to enhance your teeth or add some gleam to your smile. Just ask us as we want to help you with any questions or concerns you may have. We promise you there is no need to feel embarrassed and we will never make you feel uncomfortable.
Come in and give us a try!
Over 1000 people from Andover and further afield trust us, why not trust us too?
We will keep you smiling, even if you are nervous
- Later opening hours
- Appointments on Saturday mornings
- 24 hour emergency service
- Free car park
- Free wifi
- We are especially keen to encourage visits from nervous patients who are reluctant to see a dentist or hygienist and we can offer helpful relaxation hints and options to overcome any anxiety.
Enhanced Covid Protection Fee
Our enhanced Covid-19 protection fee is something we are charging as a separate charge. Should the need for the extra PPE no longer be essential, we can then easily remove this extra cost, which we would rather do than increase the prices of all our services due to this new legislation.
We are charging £7.50 (per appointment) in addition to your treatment to cover the extra PPE. This fee covers products for staff whom previously to the pandemic, did not wear it and your nurses and clinicians who are now wearing more than they once did, to keep us all safe. It also includes hand sanitizers, card reader protection film and additional time for essential Covid-19 screening telephone calls and paperwork etc and sadly the additional cost of disposal.
Unfortunately, and more worryingly, our environment is again suffering due to the extra strain from its manufacture and waste.
We have also invested in sneeze screens, high-tech air filtration systems and sensitive air monitoring equipment, which is not included in the PPE fees.
We hope you will appreciate that we need all these elements in place to ensure you and our staff are safe, so we can continue to provide your dental care and help stop the spread of this horrible virus.
We thank you for your understanding at this time.
- All on Four Implants
- Children′s Dentistry
- Consultation and Dental Health Check-up
- Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Hygiene and Gum (Periodontal) Treatment
- Anti Snoring Devices
- Air Flow
- Fresh Breath Treatment
- Invisible Teeth Aligners
- Inman Aligners
- Nervous Patients
- Orthodontics / Teeth Straightening
- Root Canal Treatment
- Extractions and Wisdom Teeth
- Sports Mouth Guards
- Teeth in A Day
- Teeth Grinding Guards and Splints
- Venners and Smile makeovers
- White Dental Fillings
- Home Bleaching
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Devices For Sleep Apnoea
- Emergency Dental Care