Questions and answers, facts and information
What changes have you implemented due to Covid-19, Coronavirus Pandemic?
A few things have changed for your future dental appointments and we will happily explain them to you prior to your visit. We are delighted and proud to announce that we have installed Air Purification System in the form of Radic8 Viruskiller, so please feel assured that all dental staff will, in addition, be using personal protective equipment (PPE) in line with current recommendations and evidence for our clinical procedures; this is to keep you and us safe.
We will also be following an updated attendance policy in line with legislation and guidance to maintain social distancing and in cases where this would be impossible. You may notice the additional technology above your head in your dental chair with the name “Viruskiller” on it! It does exactly that and purifies the room continuously to help stop the spread of viruses as well as removing chemicals in the air and helps eradicate triggers for hay fever! The patented, core technology reduces airborne and droplet virus exposure and has been tested against Coronavirus DF2, Adenovirus, Influenza Virus and Poliovirus with a 99.99999% kill rate. We also have a unit in the reception area too, just look for the blue light!
Questions and Answers
Why do my gums bleed?
Bleeding gums is usually the first sign of gum disease and is related to oral hygiene with the build-up of plaque bacteria irritating the gums. It is usually reversible if it is caught in time, your dentist may recommend you see the hygienist who can help treat and reverse bleeding gums.
How can I whiten my teeth?
Generally the whitening ingredients in toothpaste is quite mild and sometimes has no effect. In the dental surgery, we use slightly stronger products that have a better result. One of the most effective ways is to get bleaching trays made for you by the dentist and at home you place a special whitening gel into the trays which you wear overnight or for a few hours during the day.
I am interested in having my teeth straightened, where do I start?
Call 01264301301 to book your consultation with James Mackenzie our Elite Invisalign Provider. We also offer video consultations, so If you have considered Invisalign please call us or email us at email@example.com to arrange this.
Will you be impatient with me if I am nervous?
We will never judge you so the fact that you are nervous we know there is no shame in this natural feeling and never be ashamed about your teeth with us, we understand your real fears has possibly kept you away from seeking help sooner. If you find calling us is just too big a step, why not consider emailing us and this is often an easier step than speaking to us, so please email us with your concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have jaw pain and grind or clench my teeth, what do I do?
Have you been diagnosed with a TMJ disorder and want to know what it is and how to manage the pain or discomfort associated with it? Learn more about TMJ and what you can do if you are one of the millions of people who have TMJ problems by seeing your dentist.
Facts and Information
- If you maintain and service your teeth regularly, you should never need emergency care. Studies have shown that over 90% of emergencies are due to faults in the mouth that have been present for some time but not addressed. Have a look at Chloes blogs www.newstreetdentalcare.co.uk/about-us-andover-dentist/blog/ to learn more about your teeth and follow us on Facebook to see regular information and posts www.facebook.com/NewStreetDentalCareAndover
- Regular dentistry will mean you stay out of pain – the common reason people don’t like going to the dentist in the first place. Our advice is to come in for an informal chat so that we can advise you on how to maintain your teeth.
- If you experience dental disease (for example dental decay), we can help resolve this for you.
- All of the fillings we do are white fillings.
- Many patients who have not been to the dentist have concerns that if they go, they will need lots of treatment. This is not always the case, and if it was, we would space out the treatments at a pace that you are comfortable with as well as showing you the benefit.
- We want you enjoy the best possible dental health throughout your life.
- The team have an emphasis on preventative care to help you minimise the need for active treatments. We follow the modern principal of minimal intervention dentistry to ensure our work lasts for many years.You will experience caring and supportive environment.